The HB Manager is a way for the User to control a prebid based Header Bidder through the Relevant Yield Interface
Handling a prebid setup is usually done by a publisher's development team or through a 3rd party wrapper. HB Manager differentiates from these basic options in a few ways:
- When using the HB Manager the settings and code changes that would normally require developer involvement are handled through the Relevant Yield interface.
- Anything related to the Headerbidder is handled through relevant Yield after the initial deployment is made to a website.
- This gives the AdOps/Yield optimisers a lot more control and optimising or experimentation possibilities as they are not dependent on the development team as soon as they need to do a change.
- Tasks, such as Prebid updates, Floor-price changes, Bidder/SSP addition & removal, dimension changes etc. all become possible to do without developers - placing the control where it should be.
- You do get some of the same benefits by using a 3rd party wrapper as you would with HB Manager except for certain big differences:
- We strive to make EVERY setting available to your AdOps/Yield team with the HB Manager. Most 3rd party wrappers give the user very little control over the settings. So as an AdOps/Yield user you are basically just switching your dependencies from your own development team to the 3rd party wrapper's support team. This is not our goal with HB Manager. We want to give all that power straight to the AdOps/Yield optimisers. Enabling them to experiment and build advanced setups without interruptions.
- You also get real-time feedback on any changes you make as we usually add the HB Manager with the HB Analytics. This enables you to build advanced alarms to monitor any changes you make.